How one woman found yoga, eased her inner hunger, and started loving herself. Follow Kimber as she shares her journey to loving her body, the joys and sorrows of yoga teaching, and venturing into the wilderness of writing and publishing.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Rules for Body Image

I never thought I'd live to wish that I'd paid more attention in typing class. So many of us were told we didn't NEED to learn to type well, and now look at me. It takes me an hour to transcribe 10 minutes of audio recording. Well, I'm putting on my turtle mindset... he finished the race eventually, right? Just keep plugging along.

I'm transcribing the three hour Love Your Body Workshop that I hosted a couple weeks ago, and the benefit of the recording is collecting all the stories and voices of the women who participated, without having to rely on my faulty memory or scattered notes.

Some of the great new rules about body image we made up in the workshop:
Nourish Yourself.
Always Eat Lunch.
Celebrate All Types of Bodies
Get and Give Massage
Love Your Body, No Matter What It Looks Like

Got any other ideas?