How one woman found yoga, eased her inner hunger, and started loving herself. Follow Kimber as she shares her journey to loving her body, the joys and sorrows of yoga teaching, and venturing into the wilderness of writing and publishing.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Final Two Chapters coming up soon, stay tuned!

Someone last week told me (I think approvingly?) that it was gutsy to put my first draft deadline just all out there like that. Hanging on the clothesline, flapping around in the breeze. Well... what if I'm done a week early? I finished chapter 15 today, and I expect to finish chapters 16 & 17 between 3/31 and 4/7. I think there's a reasonably good chance I'll have the first draft mostly complete by then. Then I'll give myself one more week to add in the missing pieces, you know the puzzle pieces that were hiding under the carpet and in the sofa. Whew! After six years of working on this, it's great to feel so close.

Today I was writing about the crazy experience of being asked by Lululemon three years ago to do a yoga photoshoot... in the cold, rain, and wind, with barely any clothes on! You can see pictures from that shoot on my website by clicking here. You can't tell from the pics, but I was freezing my butt off. The really amazing thing about the shoot was that after thirty-odd years of torturing myself over any photos that showed my legs and hips... I loved the shots. They were totally fine. I didn't freak out or anything. I used to treat photos of myself like a bat I could hit myself over the head with. So reacting (or not reacting) to these photos with pleasure and without judgment was a huge deal for me, and really helped me see clearly how far I'd come in starting to love my body more and more.