How one woman found yoga, eased her inner hunger, and started loving herself. Follow Kimber as she shares her journey to loving her body, the joys and sorrows of yoga teaching, and venturing into the wilderness of writing and publishing.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fear

Fear. I'm pretty sure that's why I didn't start a blog about the book earlier. I was feeling superstitious... that if I started writing a blog about the book, I wouldn't be actually writing the book. And, I ask you, what would be the point of having a blog about a book I wasn't actually writing? But now, at Chapter 14, I feel confident enough to say... the book has some momentum behind it, and actually has a date when I think all the chapters (17) will be done. Dare I say it? Will I jinx myself if I do? The date is... drumroll, please... Ugh. I can't do it. April 14! There, I said it. Whew.

Even seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I realize there will be a lot more to do even when the first draft is finished. Rewriting, editing, having readers look at it. Writing a book proposal, looking for a publisher, maybe an agent, an editor. Writing the first draft is just the beginning. So Chapter 14 feels like a perfectly good place to start. At the crest of the wave, ready to crash into shore and stir up a few treasures!