How one woman found yoga, eased her inner hunger, and started loving herself. Follow Kimber as she shares her journey to loving her body, the joys and sorrows of yoga teaching, and venturing into the wilderness of writing and publishing.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chapter 14

It seems funny to start the blog with "Chapter 14" as the heading, but that's where I am with the book right now. I've been working for the last six weeks on finishing up the first draft of the book I've been working on for six years, called Finding Fullness. It's about how my yoga practice has helped me overcome the residual effects of the eating disorder I had as a teenager. I noticed a few years back that not everyone in the world was hungry all the time. This was shocking to me... I thought hunger was just the human condition. I was wrong. Some people actually walk around during the day and go for long periods without feeling hungry! Some people actually forget to eat. As someone who finds it hard to go for more than a few hours without a snack, I found this amazing, and I set out to discover whether I could learn the secret to feeling full. Hence the title, Finding Fullness. Whether or not I've found it... well, you'll have to read the book. Looking at my hunger, how I relate to food, exercise, weight, and the scale, have all helped me understand more about how to actually take care of my body and treat it (myself!) with love.

I'll be posting regularly about how the writing is going... two weeks until I hope to be finished with my first draft! Wish me luck!