How one woman found yoga, eased her inner hunger, and started loving herself. Follow Kimber as she shares her journey to loving her body, the joys and sorrows of yoga teaching, and venturing into the wilderness of writing and publishing.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First Draft is Drafted!

It's official, the first draft of Finding Fullness is complete. I give full credit to my writing coach, Lisa Tener, and the Bring Your Book to Life Class, for helping me turn 300 pages of raw material into 300 pages of readable book. I thought the I would just be exhausted after the first draft, but I'm already excited about adding in the things I missed the first time around. Revisions, here I come!

Here's an excerpt from the last chapter:
Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed a new wrinkle that’s forming by my lip, on the left upper side, and I can see that it’s one of many getting ready to move into the neighborhood. Even so, I’m reveling in the sweetness of my renewed youth, enjoying whatever bit of beauty I have at this moment, in a way I never could when I was young, paralyzed with self-consciousness and self-hatred. I was obsessed with being perfect and beautiful, like a porcelain doll, forgetting that the purpose of life is to live fully, not to die perfectly.